And Speaking of Speed Bumps

Just remembered another term for those teeth-rattling interruptions in the road: chatter bumps (not to be confused with goose bumps, of course). As Double-Tongued Word-Wrester points out, a chatter bump is a “small depression in a roadbed, usually occurring in series and creating a corrugated or rippled surface.” Also known as a washboard.

Related Posts